BIRCH HILL / LAKE DENNISON TRAIL MAP & GUIDE
Directions: TH = TRAIL HEAD
* RIVER RD TH From RTE 2A: Take Highland Ave all the way down. At T intersection,
take a left onto RTE 68 and cross railroad tracks. After railroad crossing, bear right onto River St and continue until fork in the road. Take the right fork and follow all the way to the parking area on the left.
* MAIN ST PARKING AREA accessed off RTE
202 in Winchendon. Follow MAIN ST mile to parking
area. Fits 8-10 vehichles.
* LAKE DENNISON PARKING LOT From RTE 202: Follow RTE 202 to the Lake Dennison Recreational Area parking lot. Follow to New Boston Rd (dirt road) and onto section two.
Trail Uses: All trails are open to all types of recreation. All dogs need to be on a leash.
Beaver Pond Footpath: 2.51 miles
West Road Footpath: 4.04 miles
Middle Road Footpath: 5.00 miles
Section One Outer Loop Trail: 5.37 miles
Wetmore Loop Trail: 4.6 miles.
McGlaughlin Loop Trail: 3.25 miles
Total mileage: 16.92 miles
Two Massachusetts state agencies -- the Dept. of Conservation and Recreation (DCR), and the Division of Fisheries and Wildlife, along with a Federal agency, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, own more than 8,000 acres of conservation land shown on this map, and they work together to manage the land for the benefit of wildlife, people and flood control.
This Trail Map & Guide is made possible from the Q2C and DCR Rec Trail Grant programs.
*WEEKLY TUESDAY HIKES
Join the Tuesday Trekkers each Tuesday for a hike on local trails. Meet at the Athol YMCA
545 Main St.
at 9:00 AM.
We gather at 6 PM on the second Monday of each month at the OIC (Orange Innovation Center) Room 222, 131 West Main Street, Orange, Ma.
Website Redesigned, Managed & Maintained By: Amy's Graphic Design & Web Management Also on Facebook!
- What's Happening With NQTA
- About NQTA
- Membership & Benefactor Program
- Trail Maps & Guides
- Apparel / Merchandise
- Advertise on Our Maps!
- In The News
- Cultural Development
- Our Partnerships
- Challenge Mobility Team Newsletter
- Community Freedom Chair Sign Out
- Tuesday Trekkers
- From the Trail and Beyond: NQTA 2017 Updates